Walk-Only Zones make your campus trips safer.
Walk-Only Zones, a division of ASU Parking and Transit Services, enhance pedestrian safety and ease vehicle congestion on the Tempe campus. The Walk-Only Zones encompass the area around the Memorial Union and Hayden Lawn as well as Hayden Mall, Palm Walk and Tyler Mall.
Shared Paths are located on Forest Mall, Goldwater Mall and along the south sidewalk on University Drive. These markings indicate paths where pedestrians, bicycles and some vehicles may share the same lane at the same time. Motor vehicles, other than landscaping carts and equipment, electric vehicles and golf carts, are prohibited on
Shared Paths 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Walk-Only Zones enforcement is 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday.
During enforcement times, no one may ride, drive or park wheeled vehicles in Walk-Only Zones.
Wheeled vehicles include:
- Bicycles (traditional and motorized)
- Delivery/Maintenance & Landscaping cars, trucks and carts
- Electric vehicles and golf carts
- Inline and roller skates
- All motorized and wheeled vehicles
* The Walk-Only Zones are not intended to limit or redirect use of mobility devices by individuals with disabilities. Learn more about ASU mobility services.