Walk-Only Zones make your campus trips safer.
Arizona State University created Walk-Only Zones to enhance pedestrian safety and to ease vehicle congestion.
The first of three Walk-Only Zones launched at the start of the fall 2013 semester.Walk-Only Zones affect all pedestrians, including ASU students, faculty, staff and visitors as they travel through heavy foot-traffic areas on the Tempe campus.
Walk-Only Zones enforcement is 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday.
During enforcement times, no one may ride, drive or park wheeled vehicles in Walk-Only Zones.
Wheeled vehicles include:
- Bicycles (traditional and motorized)
- Delivery/Maintenance & Landscaping cars, trucks and carts
- Electric vehicles and golf carts
- Inline and roller skates
- All motorized and wheeled vehicles
* The Walk-Only Zones are not intended to limit or redirect use of mobility devices by individuals with disabilities.