Walk-Only Zones make your campus trips safer.
Arizona State University created Walk-Only Zones to enhance pedestrian safety and to ease vehicle congestion.
The first of the Walk-Only Zones launched at the start of the fall 2013 semester and encompassed the area around Hayden Library and the Memorial Union.Walk-Only Zones affect all pedestrians, including ASU students, faculty, staff and visitors as they travel through heavy foot-traffic areas on the Tempe campus.
The second phase will begin August 21, 2014 and cover Palm Walk (from Tyler Mall to Lemon Mall) and Tyler Mall (from Old Main to the Goldwater Center).
Walk-Only Zones enforcement is 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday.
During enforcement times, no one may ride, drive or park wheeled vehicles in Walk-Only Zones.
Wheeled vehicles include:
- Bicycles (traditional and motorized)
- Delivery/Maintenance & Landscaping cars, trucks and carts
- Electric vehicles and golf carts
- Inline and roller skates
- All motorized and wheeled vehicles
* The Walk-Only Zones are not intended to limit or redirect use of mobility devices by individuals with disabilities.